Sundance Film Festival announces 2013 program
The 2013 Sundance films are HERE!! A huge congrats to all the filmmakers who made the cut.
Vote For FOCUS FORWARD Semifinalists In Socially Conscious Film Competition
The US Presidential election may have come, but everyday indies are running their own campaigns for personal projects. Three of my film friends are Audience Favorites semifinalists in the same short documentary contest. Check out their films and many others HERE.. Voting ends December 20th.
FESTIVALS, LABS & COMPETITIONS
- Pitch your best TV show idea in ATX Television Festival by Jan. 18th.
QUEUE IT UP
- Sean called it “the scariest film of the year” back in January and now you can judge for yourself. “Martha Marcy May Marlene” (or as the cool kids say “MMMM”) is now on Netflix Instant.
- Kickstarter-funded? 2012 SXSW selection? Features Girl Talk music? Stop whatever you’re doing and check out the full dance film “Girl Walk // All Day” online today.
- It’s not secret how much I love “Beasts of the Southern Wild” since seeing it in Park City back earlier this year. Now the multiple award-winning story of a little Black girl named Hushpuppy living in a magical place called the Bathtub is available for pre-order on Amazon & Best-Buy. Official release date is 12/4.
CALL FOR INDIES (Filmmaker Opportunities)
- “American Promise” (which will premiere in the documentary competition at Sundance 2013) is seeking interns based in Brooklyn. Don’t miss out!
- Wanna volunteer for SXSW 2013? Registration is now open.
- Are you a female filmmaker w/ an idea for a short film? Apply for a free February workshop at Athena Film Festival by 12/15.
- The secret behind making movies? Edward Burns says “Just Keep Making Movies” in Filmmaker Magazine interview.
- ” There Is an Audience for Our Films: Four African-American Female Filmmakers Speak Out” is a poignant roundtable interview with four incredible artists from the Daily Beast. This week’s must-read for any creative feeling the need to fight against cultural or gender boundaries in their field.