It’s Our Birthday!
One year ago this week, we launched Indies Unchained. With close to 28,000 views on January 2nd, we’ve officially turned 1! Thanks to everyone for reading and sharing during our first year.
Our new “Unchained Resources” page
Who says you need a film degree to make it in the biz? Here are a few of our our favorite web links for all things indie film. Any others we should add?
FESTIVALS, LABS & COMPETITIONS
- Writer by Day, Kid At Heart? Nickelodeon Writing Program submission period opened January 2nd.
- South Arts’ Southern Circuit is providing filmmakers with the paid opportunity to participate in a six-venue tour of the Southeastern United States to screen their films for new audiences. Submit feature-length work by January 10th.
- Pitch your best TV show idea in ATX Television Festival by Jan. 18th.
- Hey UK-based indies: Sundance London is hosting a short film contest. Submit your best entry based on the concept of “time” by Feb 28th!
QUEUE IT UP
- 2012 Grand Jury prize winner at Sundance and recently shortlisted for a Best Documentary Oscar nomination, “5 Broken Cameras” is now available on Hulu Plus or streaming free until January 6th with a three-second signup on Alive Mind Cinema.
CALL FOR INDIES (Filmmaker Opportunities)
- Wanna volunteer for SXSW 2013? Registration is now open.
- A lot gets lost in the Awards Season shuffle. Don’t sleep on filmmaker Ava DuVernay (one of my film heroes) and her memorable award-winning film “Middle of Nowhere” featured on Deadline Hollywood.
- Get to know the filmmakers of this year’s Sundance in the annual “Meet the Artists” interviews!
- Indiewire shares some of the 2013 aspirations of the indie film community. What are your film-related hopes and dreams (and even hustles) for the new year?